Celery Remoulade is a delicious celery root salad, very healthy, and super easy to make. Everyone loves it. The recipe I use makes its calory content much less than the original French recipe which includes a lot of mayonnaise and creme fraiche. Both ingredients are too heavy for my taste. This is the way I make it, and it’s light, healthy and just as delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of plain Kefir (replacement for creme fraiche)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 celery root (about 1 pound), peeled and julienned
- 3 carrots , peeled and julienned
- 1 beat, peeled and julienned
- Black Pepper
- herbs, as desired.
In a bowl, put the julienned celery root, add the mayonnaise, lemon, mustard, salt, pepper. Mix well. Serve cold.
Health benefits of celery root
First, it is a very good source of fiber, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and potassium besides containing vitamins B1, B2 and E. With all these,
1. It helps cure kidney diseases
2. It regulates your bowel movements, which is very important especially for women.
3. It also helps lose weight by activating your metabolism.
4. It makes your skin and hair healthier and you look more beautiful!
5. It relaxes nerves, so you can overcome a stressful day with the help of this underrated vegetable.
6. It helps you expectorate when you have a cold. So besides ginger, lemon, mint and other herbs which are well-known to cure cold, celeriac has a curative effect on cold too!