Falafel: Add the scallions, garlic, cilantro, and mint to the container of a food processor; pulse until mixture is finely chopped.
Add the chickpeas, breadcrumbs, cumin, baking powder, salt, and Tabasco; continue to pulse until the batter has the consistency of cooked oatmeal.
- Lightly oil hands and form mixture into 4 burger shaped patties.
- Spray each patty lightly with cooking spray.
- Let the olive oil get hot (but not smoking) in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Fry patties for about 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer cooked patties to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Put cooked patty into warmed pita pocket with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and sliced onions.
Serve with Herbed Cucumber Yogurt.
HERBED CUCUMBER YOGURT
To make Herbed Cucumber Yogurt: Add all yogurt ingredients to a mixing bowl; whisk to combine; cover and chill until ready to serve.